After a day of first-world torture and #problems, it can be hard to stay a sane, normal person. Here are 20 different ways to handle a bad day. They are most definitely not all recommended. Side effects are likely. We’ll begin with a classic.
1. Drinking! See also: Girls Night Out.
2. Willingly accept rebellion into your life. Take a walk on the wild side.
3. Read a book. Or a magazine. Or an article online. For gods sake, read SOMETHING!
4. Angry-break things. Tear shit up. Throw down. Hitting things feels good, and admitting that is the first step of the road to recovery.
6. Dance it out.
7. Bitch about it. And not in a classy way. In a way that not even yourself respects. Without justification, without reason, without having to answer to anyone. Sometimes you need a few moments where your words have no one to answer to except the universe.
8. Music therapy. Life’s a song, and sometimes it sucks dick.
9. Rise above. You are better than this bad day. Flip your hair, strut your stuff, and make tomorrow a real, real good day.
10. Just lose it. (Also: shaking your face like this feels way better than you’d expect it to.)
11. Watch cat videos. Or cat GIFs. Or Anna Kendrick GIFs. Or ideally, Anna Kendrick cat GIFs.
12. Eat your feelings. ALL of the feelings.
13. Smile and nod. Smile. And. Nod.
14. JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES, BREATHE, AND THINK OF FIGHT CLUB.
15. Exercise. It’s gooood for you.
16. Full-screen the GIF below. Maybe make it your background. Laptop, phone, everything. I suggest adding a sound loop, but that’s just me.
18. Do something about it. If every day is a bad day, something’s off.
19. Admit the truth and accept it as a part of you.
Definitely go with Kat Dennings on this one. On most ones, actually.
Follow me on Twitter @sydney_neilson.