1. http://www.rainymood.com – A great website for sleeping, studying, or general relaxing, plays a stream (ha) of rain sounds and running water activated by a simple click. It’s easy to use, and totally soothing, as long as you’ve got active control of your bladder..
2. http://www.urbanog.com – Online shopping by trend (categories like animal print, bodysuits, patriotic babe, and spikes and studs, to name a few) or by apparel/beauty categories (shoooooes), and it’s cheap, cute, and they’ve usually got deals on shipping! Seriously, kiss your credit goodbye.. in the best way.
3. http://www.incredibox.com – This adorable site – originally French – lets you drag and drop different beats, melodies, and layers of different sounds onto quirky little characters of different shapes and sizes. They all groove to the beat, and it’s another great time-killer/music-in-the-background app.
4. http://www.picturesofwalls.com – You guessed it: a gallery of different photos of walls, graffiti, street art, hidden messages, lost notes, and dozens of albums full of stories waiting to be seen. I’m a total sucker for graffiti art, and this site’s got my vote.
5. http://www.unhearit.com – On the main page they claim “Using the latest in reverse-auditory-melodic-unstickification technology, we’ve been able to allow our users to “unhear” songs by hearing equally catchy songs. So really all we’re doing is making you forget your old song by replacing it with another one… sorry.” Beautiful, honest, and pretty much acts as someone else’s iTunes on shuffle? Sounds good to me.
6. Well, since you’re already here… might as well check out a few other things on my site! Like music? Read some reviews/suggestions here. Movies? Life? Read a random post here, and follow me on Twitter @sydney_neilson for updates and new posts!
Cheers, and good luck ever using a computer without distraction ever again.
Comment below or tweet at me and let me know what you think of the sites!